Gastritis refers to the inflammation of the lining of the stomach where the lesions may be either acute or chronic. One thing to remember, gastritis is the term most physicians use to describe almost any stomach upset. In fact, almost 10% of all visits to hospitals with abdominal pain are diagnosed as gastritis.
Some of the main symptoms are:
- Loss of appetite
- Coated tongue
- Bad breath
- Bad taste
- Mental depression
- Increased saliva
- Abdominal cramps
- Frequent belching, usually only temporarily sooths abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Vomiting (green, yellow, or clear)
- In some cases there are traces of blood in the bowel movements
- Bowel movements may be dark, sticky, and exceedingly smell foul
*These symptoms may vary and some patients may experience many of the symptoms. With this ailment I recommend getting medical attention and avoid self diagnosing. If you are diagnosed to have gastritis then the following home remedies will most definitely help. I worry that some may read this and diagnose themselves when the problem could be much worse.
Home remedies for gastritis:
An infusion of the herb in doses of one tablespoon should be consumed twice a day with a full glass of water.
Rice gruel is great for acute cases of gastritis. Consume one cup of rice gruel twice a day.
Coconut (A miracle food)
Coconut water is amazing for gastritis and overall well being. Coconut water allows the stomach to rest and gives it the essential vitamins and minerals it needs. I recommend a coconut water fast one day a week for patients with gastritis. You should also consume a glass of coconut water daily.
Consume 1/2-1 cup of potato juice 2-3 times a day.
- An all fruit diet for 3-5 days is a great way to alleviate or eliminate the problem. Apples, pears, grapefruit, oranges, lemons, melons, and peaches are all great.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, meat, tea, and coffee
- Cottage cheese and yogurt intake should be increased
- Enemas are also great, check out this article.